Relax at The Ridge, a light, modern and fully self-contained premium apartment located in Brown Brothers Tamar Ridge vineyard and winery complex 20 mins drive from Launceston on the Tamar Wine Route. With spectacular views across one of Tassie's best wine regions, it's a great base for exploring the Tamar Valley or to chill out in a fabulous space amongst the trees, vineyard and ever-changing Tasmanian landscape. Designed for privacy, The Ridge is ideal for a couples getaway and business people.
Architecturally designed, The Ridge is positioned majestically up high in the Tamar Ridge vineyard on the Tamar Wine route. Conveniently located only 17 kms from Launceston (20 mins drive from Launceston's CBD, 40 mins from the airport and 50 mins from the Devonport Ferry), the apartment is part of a duplex nestled above the trees with stunning views across the vineyard and Tamar Valley. Floor to ceiling windows creates a sense of living in the treetops and a tranquil ambience.
Situated on the far eastern side of the vineyard, The Ridge (Apartment No. 1) is part of Brown Brothers Cellar door and winery complex (see details below). Features include:
- Lounge/chill out area with a new comfortable 3 seater couch and armchair, large flat screen TV, reverse cycle heating/cooling and new carpets.
- A fully equipped kitchen which includes 4 full-size hot plates, convection oven, microwave and standard size fridge with a large freezer as well as plenty of bench space so you can self cater. The kitchen is stocked with cooking essentials including olive oil, vinegar, herbs, coffee, a range of Twinings teas, as well as toaster, espresso coffee machine and plenty of pots, pans, crockery and glassware.
- Designated dining area with a dining table which doubles as a workspace.
- Separate spacious bedroom with a queen sized bed that can be closed off with a Japanese style screen or open plan so that you awaken to the spectacular views across the valley.
- Large bathroom with a spa bath with private views out across the hills, large walk in shower, shampoo, conditioner, soap and hairdryer.
- Washing machine, clothes horse, iron and ironing board.
- Electric BBQ on the deck with tables and chairs - sit back and relax with a glass of Tamar Ridge Pinot Noir.
The apartment is located about 200 metres from the Tamar Ridge Cellar Door. where there is a good selection of the Brown Brothers Tasmanian wines as well as food platters by Hubert & Dan.
With a great energy, 'The Ridge' is a perfect base for couples wanting to explore the Tamar Valley and surrounds in a spectacular vineyard setting.
ABOUT TAMAR RIDGE WINERY COMPLEX
Tamar Ridge winery complex includes the following:
- Tamar Ridge Cellar door which sells the full range of Tamar Ridge wines and Pirie sparkling
- Turner Stillhouse, a craft distillery which adjoins the cellar door
- Dan and Hubert the in house caterers
- 8 duplexes which contain 16 apartments each positioned well apart.
All apartments are privately owned and the complex is appropriately zoned for tourist accommodation.
Tamar Ridge Cellar Door was voted "Cellar Door with Best Food" in the 2019 Best Cellar Door Awards from Gourmet Traveller WINE.
Dan and Hubert are the resident caterers and have a pop up French restaurant on site every Thursday. Extremely popular, Tasmanian born Danielle Lefrancois is French trained, via Rockpool + Fran Soir, bringing home to Tasmania delicious and innovative food. With beautiful, yet simple and flavourful food, Hubert + Dan showcase the best Tasmanian produce available, all year long and on our site!
Co-located at the winery is Turners Stillhouse an independent craft Tasmanian distillery founded in 2018 that produces premium craft gin, whisky, rum and other spirits. They have just released their inaugural gin, Three Cuts Gin - a contemporary gin for both gin lovers and novice gin drinkers.
- Located in a vineyard in the Tamar Valley on the Tamar Wine Route - 200metres from the cellar door
- Hubert & Dan pop up restaurant every Thursday night at the Cellar Door
- Take a walk/drive along the Tamar River with beautiful old buildings located a pretty place and worth a look.
- 2 mins drive/20 min walk to Rosevears Hotel on the Tamar River waterfront for lunch, dinner, music and drinks
- 10 mins drive to the Timbre restaurant in Velo winery
- 20 mins into Launceston for great food experiences (Geronimo's, Stillwater, Seaport restaurants)
- Less than half an hour to Beaconsfield, Beauty Point and Greens Beach
- 45 minutes to Bakers Beach and Narawntapu National Park for long coastal walks
- Take a round trip to Low head for a history of the area and check out the artwork (by local artist Rebecca Birrell) on the wall of the Tamar Ridge Cellar door
- Less than one hour drive to Devonport via the Exeter route
- Bushwalking - head up to the Great Western Tiers, Devils Gullet, Liffey Falls, Walls of Jerusalem, Cradle Mountain via Deloraine (please check weather as conditions change very quickly on the plateau)
- North west coast – day trip up as far as Stanley as Xmas approaches the poppy fields are spectacular
- East coast - two hours down to the East Coast for day trips to Swansea, Bicheno, Coles Bay and Freycinet National Park (via Campbell town)
- Bay of Fires walks and Mt William – head up through Scotsdale to Ansons Bay, Musselroe Bay and the Bay of Fires (note that some roads are not sealed)
- Golf - a round day trip to Barnbougle for world class golf
- Fishing – head up to the great lakes via Deloraine
- Nant Whisky – Atttrium Restaurant and cellar door located in Bothwell
- Hobart - two hours to Hobart if you’re heading to Mona, Battery Point and Salamanca Markets and the Taste of Tassie...
Best place is on the balcony with a glass of wine as the sun goes down over the vineyards and Tamar Valley...
Grindelwald, Tasmania, Australia