Welcome to Willowglade Retreat - a unique escape from busy city life – perfect for couples, families and friends. The property is located in the absolute heart of stunning Mount Macedon where the large, private and enchanting garden is yours to enjoy. The stunning cottage is contemporarily furnished with everything you need to unwind and relax, including a cosy woodfire, modern kitchen, beautiful local art and SONOS sound system.
To see more, visit our Instagram @willowglade.retreat
Less than an hour’s drive from Melbourne’s CBD, Willowglade Retreat is a place to relax, eat, drink, laugh, love, play, create and explore. It is our home away from home and we would love for you to enjoy the house and garden as much as we do.
We strive for our accommodation to be socially responsible and sustainable, and we take great pride in supporting local businesses and artists.
The house is comfortable, contemporary and beautifully finished. The garden is a treasure trove of rhododendrons, azaleas, hydrangea, established European trees, and newly planted fruit trees. Perfect for young and old, the garden provides endless opportunities for exploration and adventure. The local pub (Mount Macedon Hotel) and café (Trading Post) are a 5-minute walk away. Further afield, the local townships of Macedon, Woodend, Kyneton and Trentham are only a short drive away – each offering unique delights and attractions.
Key Features include:
- Large master bedroom with King size Tempur mattress, electric adjustable bed, electric blanket, electric panel heater and ensuite
- Second bedroom with Queen size bed, electric blanket and electric panel heater
- The option of converting couch into a Queen size sofa bed (at additional cost)
- High-quality pure cotton bed linens and towels provided
- Large bathroom with bath and over-bath rain shower
- Comfortable open plan kitchen, lounge and dining area – with wood heater and reverse cycle air conditioner
- Modern kitchen with granite benchtops, pantry staples, tea and coffee, and quality appliances such as a Kitchen Aid stand mixer, slow cooker and bread maker
- 8-seater dining table positioned in front of large windows with garden views
- BBQ, fire pit, deck and outdoor table
- SONOS sound system, Philips Hue lights, Ultra HD TV with free-to-air TV & Netflix, house iPad with digital access to The Age newspaper, high-speed NBN with Wi-Fi
- European frontload washing machine and heat pump dryer
- Hairdryer, iron and ironing board
- A range of board games, recipe books and reading material
- Short walk to the local pub, café and walking tracks
- Supermarkets and quality dining options in Macedon (5 minutes), Woodend (15 minutes) and Gisborne (15 minutes)
- We are pet-friendly by prior arrangement only. Our property is not well fenced and will not suit all animals. Please get in touch and we will try and work something out.
Please note, the garden has a stream and pond, and for that reason, children must be supervised at all times.
As you can probably tell, we are passionate about our property and the Macedon Ranges. Some of the things we like to enjoy whilst in the area include: relaxing by the fire, meals at the Trading Post Café and Mount Macedon Hotel (both within a 5-minute walk), exploring the rare-plant nursery (next to the cafe), enjoying the numerous bushwalking trails (including to the famous Memorial Cross), visiting the stunning seasonal gardens, and having a drink or two at the local wineries (Hanging Rock and Mt Towrong are our favourites).
Further afield, it is only a short drive to Honour Avenue, Macedon, Hanging Rock, Woodend, Kyneton and Daylesford – all of which have a huge array of markets, art galleries, spas, restaurants and outdoor activities. There really is so much to see and do!
Mount Macedon, Victoria, Australia