Cozy house with a good soul. Great central location and a beautiful view. Supermarket and the new hotel lobby bar is close by. 6 made-up beds. Fully equipped kitchen, washing machine, dryer. Unlimited free high-speed WiFi. Restaurants, cafés, bars, and museums are just steps away. Hiking trails, golf course and skiing facilities in the area.
The house is 80 m2 on two floors, 40 m2 each floor (122 m2 with the cellar) and is the middle house in a triplex. It is centrally located, in the same road as the town church and easy to find. View from the house is beautiful overlooking mountains, sea and the harbour. On first floor is fully equipped kitchen, room for outdoor clothes and living room with TV, diningarea and good sofabed. Between floors is a stair, a bit steep, so very old people and young kids should hold to the handrail. On the upper floor is the balcony, two sleeping rooms and bathroom with a good shower. We have 2 beds (90 cm x 200 cm) in the smaller bedroom, and a double bed (180 cm x 200 cm) and a bed (90 cm x 200 cm) in the bigger bedroom. In the living room we have good sofa bed (140 m x 200 cm). The kitchen is fully equipped with stove, fridge, microwave, dishwasher etc. In the cellar is a washing machine and a dryer. In the house is fire extinguisher, fire ladder, first aid kit and unlimited free high-speed WiFi.
At departure you clean the house, floors etc., and remember to take the used bed-linen off and leave them in hall with used towels. Cleaning fee covers washing of linen and towels.
Kontakt z gośćmi
You can contact Siv Friðleifsdóttir anytime via e-mail (EMAIL HIDDEN) or +(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) and Gylfi Hammer Gylfason +(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN).
Inne ważne rzeczy
Good food in the area:
1. Hannes Boy Café, Gránugata 23, 580-Siglufjörður (food and bar)
2. Sigló Hotel, Snorragata 3, 580-Siglufjörður, where you find restaurant Sunna (food and bar)
3. Kaffi Rauðka, Gránugata 19, 580-Siglufjörður (food and bar)
4. Aðalbakarí Siglufirðir, Aðalgata 26, 580-Siglufirði (good bakery, food and bar)
5. Gistiheimilið Siglunes, Lækjargata 10, 580-Siglufjörður, where you can find restaurant Nautnabelgur (food in summertime and bar)
6. Allinn Sportbar, Aðalgötu 30, 580-Siglufjörður (food and bar)
7. Torgið-Pizza 67, Aðalgötu 32, 580-Siglufjörður (food and bar)
8. Billinn, Lækjargata 8, 580-Siglufjörður (fast food and bar)
9. Hafnarkráin at the harbour (open when flag is raised in front of house)
Samkaup, Suðurgata 2-4, 580-Siglufjörður
Fiskbúð Siglufjarðar, Aðalgata 27 , 580-Siglufjörður
Síldarminjasafnið, Snorragata 10, 580-Siglufjörður (famous Herring Era Museum of Iceland)
Þjóðalagasetur sr. Bjarna Þorsteinssonar, Norðurgata 1, 580-Siglufjörður (The Folk Music Center)
Ljóðasetur Íslands, Túngata 5, 580-Siglufjörður (Poetry Center of Iceland)
A new company, Siglo Ski Lodge, has all kind of active outdoor experience with focus on culture in the local area. See skilodge dot is.
Siglufjarðarapótek, Aðalgata 34, 580-Siglufjörður
Heilbrigðisstofnun Norðurlands(Fjallabyggð), Hvanneyrarbraut 37, 580-Siglufjörður
Swimmingpool and gym:
Íþróttamiðstöð Fjallabyggðar, Hvanneyrarbraut 52, 580-Siglufjörður
1. The house is our (second) home and we expect our guests to treat it with respect; as if it was their own. Because it is a triplex we also appreciate consideration for residents in terms of noise between houses.
2. The house will be clean and should be in the same condition when you leave.
3. Used bed linen and towels should be left in house on floor in the hall.
4. Pets not allowed.
5. No smoking inside the house.
I have roots in Siglufjörður, where my father is born and raised. My mother is from Norway. I´m a physiotherapist by proffesion but was a member of the parliament and minister in the Icelandic government for several years. Now I´m a project leader in the Ministry of Welfare. I live with my husband and our children in Kópavogur. We love travelling, hiking, sea swimming and cross-country skiing. My motto is "happiness depends upon our selves".