Self-contained lodge + 2 parking spaces hard-standing: 1 studio room with 1 queen-size double bed (or 2 singles), 1 double sofabed, 1 cotbed & kitchen (microwave, cooker, oven, under-counter fridge-freezer, washer-dryer), 32" freeview TV, private bathroom (walk-in powerful shower), dedicated central heating. 2 mins from major bus route, 2 miles from Temple Meads, 20 mins by bus to Bristol centre , 10 min walk to Tesco Superstore. Superfast broadband & wifi. Onsite campervan for hire (Yescapa)
The lodge is self contained and private with a private kitchen & bathroom (walk-in shower room). It's light & airy. The queen-size bed can turn into two singles, & the sofa bed is a double. There is a cot bed if you're travelling with a little one. The parking space can accommodate one normal sized/family car and one smaller (ie shorter!) car if needed. The lodge is solar-paneled, and there is an electric car charger for Nissan Leaf and some Japanese vehicles (additional cost to use by arrangement), for an almost zero emission stay. There is a campervan for hire through Yescapa subject to availability.
You will have access to the whole studio building including kitchenette and bathroom. The garage attached will be out of bounds (as it is serving as storage space for us, but your parking is infront of the garage door). There will be no access to the main garden.
Parking is near the bottom of a parking access lane which is currently a bit dark so please call if you can't find it, and we'll guide you in.
Kontakt z gośćmi
If you need anything at all you only have to call. We'll be at the other end of the phone (and the garden!) if you need anything. Otherwise you'll have all the privacy you desire, with the exception of perhaps seeing us driving off and back.
Please read the FAQ in the lever arch file if you have questions, and of course ask us too!
Inne ważne rzeczy
One key will give you access to what you need. The front door key for the lodge (which has a separate entrance) and the key to the back gate padlock are the same key. Call us when you first arrive and we'll show you everything you need to know!
If you have children, please make sure they do not wander into the garden unattended as we have two ponds. However they're welcome to play there if you are supervising!
As part of our commitment to spreading good karma, among our cleaning team of two is a lovely man who was a professional contract cleaner before he was made homeless. He has consistently achieved 4 and 5 star cleaning ratings but always values constructive feedback. Just by choosing our studio for your stay, you will also enable a very decent human being to pay for one night at a safe hostel.
We would also like you to know that we celebrate the diversity of our guests and welcome all no matter what race or religion. We are LGBTQ / gay friendly.
0) PLEASE acknowledge that you have read the directions before you start travelling. The (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) map airbnb entry is inaccurate and will cause unnecessary confusion if you do not read directions carefully.
1) Please be accurate about the number of guests staying with us. Last minute changes can be sorted out very quickly through adjusting the booking via airbnb, and we can then make sure there are enough beds made and towels etc.
2) Please read the FAQ in the file left in the lodge before opening any taps.
3) As airbnb is quick to point out, airbnb hosts don't run hotels. You will be part of our home. Most guests have been brilliant in cleaning up after their stays. Please wash up your used plates and mugs etc before checking out. Please leave all used towels in a pile on the floor in the bathroom so we know which towels don't need washing. Some guests go the extra mile and strip the beds ready for our next booking, and whilst this is certainly not expected, it's what we reserve our five star guest rating to show our appreciation. (A surprising number of guests do this, which is why we love airbnb so much!)
4) On leaving, if you're able to put the key back in the key safe for our cleaner, then that enables us to make sure our next guests get the same level of cleanliness and tlc as we hope you did. Please let us know when you're about to leave so we can say bye!
5) Also, as a non-smoking, pet free family household we'd like to make sure that our lodge is also non-smoking and pet free. We also have lots of families as neighbours so would appreciate it if you kept noise to a minimum. Thanks!
6) Please report breakages as soon as you can so we can order replacements ready for our next guests. Most guests leave money for the replacement item on the table to avoid having to make use of the security deposit. We're absolutely fine with this for small items (glasses, mugs). Just let us know what was broken and how much was left.
7) Your stay comes with loads of good karma: We'd like to reassure you that what you pay us through airbnb doesn't go to a faceless corporation, but helps to pay for the care of my disabled mother. as well as giving cleaning work to vulnerable people (please ask if you want to know more!). We hope that you will treat our home as you would a friend's home.
8) Please keep using the airbnb app for messages back and forth. My husband and I both monitor the app so we can respond far more quickly. Also please make sure you flick through the FAQ so you're familiar with what and where everything is.
Thank you for taking the time to read this!
A wife, mother of two and the CEO of a wee digital agency here in Bristol which I run with my husband Stuart. We don't get out much - the business is all consuming so we're really looking for some decent short breaks to make up for it :).