Villa De Rubeis-Florit is a noble 18th-century Friuli residence dating back to the 13th century as is attested to by such features as the wine cellar with a lowered barrel vault and the date 1273 engraved on the capstone of the fireplace.
The Villa belonged to many aristocratic families including the Counts de Rubeis, the Frangipanes, Cristofolis and other illustrious personages such as the geographers Giovanni and Olinto Marinelli. It was the Frangipanes, the lords of Tarcento, who carried out the 17th-century restoration, while the magnificent palladiana floors, precious stuccowork, doors with painted mirrors and stone fireplaces are all typically 18th-century. It is one of the best preserved buildings in the area and is a national monument. Today the owners are the Cher family.
Following the ancient restoration the villa, which is on three levels, was restored to its 18th-century splendour. The wine cellar, entrance hall, a frescoed room and the kitchens are on the ground floor. On the noble floor we find the reception room and four beautifully stuccoed rooms. And on the third level there are two rooms and large granaries with a precious 16th-century fireplace. Since 1988 the villa has been used for important artistic and cultural events, concerts, round tables, book presentations and various other types of event.