Any time of year is the right time of year! Visit Montana and stay at Jane's Place on historic Flathead Lake.
****Deeply discount NIGHTLY, weekly and monthly stays from November through April. Please email me for details.
Greetings and Welcome to Jane's Place on Flathead Lake!
Planning a Winter trip 2017? Jane's Place on Flathead Lake will be open thru Christmas and New Years 2017/2018....5 day special: 10 people..$1200.00 plus tax.... Or email us with your plans and let's make a deal
Fall & Winter Specials!!! 2 guests/2 nights/$99 a night Please email me for details and booking instructions to get these deals.
A few pricing details to start and then read on for a grand tour of Jane's Place on Flathead Lake.......
Airbnb does not add Lodging Tax to your invoice, the state of Montana requires a 7% bed tax.
Beat inflation in 2018! Our nightly rate has not gone up in 3 years. Our weekly rate is $3550.00 during the Summer High Season: Memorial Day weekend/June, July and August/Labor Day Our Montana lodging tax is 7%.
During the "off-season" we have MUCH lower rates.
You can also find us on vee are bee oh. Please email me with just an "inquiry" rather than a "request to book" to get information about special deals.
Jane's Place Montana on Flathead Lake is located on a gently sloping acre on the shores of Flathead Lake in Northwestern Montana. The home overlooks Flathead Lake and the famous Flathead Cherry orchards. We are sandwiched, in a good way, between 2 working orchards, so expect orchard activity. Our home is NOT RIGHT on the water, it is set back a bit up the hill. It is a short walk down thru the orchards, about 2 to 5 min. walk to your own 'private' beach, with a 50' wooden dock and rustic concrete boat ramp. There are 2 kayaks here for your use. The beach is of the small rocky type about 70' long. Beach chairs & loungers are available for your enjoyment. (Campfires and fireworks are allowed on the beach at certain times of the year, please ask.)
Jane's Place is comfortable and set up with the basics, and then some! The kitchen is simple and clean. It comes fully equipped with cookware, dishes, glassware, stemware, plenty of silverware and more, just ask!! Also provided are basic spices, fresh coffee beans, a grinder & tea. Paper towels, napkins & TP are also in the house. The stove is electric, the fridge is a new stainless GE model (we do not have an ice maker) and there is a rollout dishwasher with a large butcher block top, (the washer must be connected to a water source to run).
There are two smaller bedrooms upstairs. The Lake View room has a new Serta queen bed with soft cotton sheets and plenty of pillows.
The second bedroom upstairs, The Garden View room, also has a new queen bed. This bedroom contains one of the 3 full bathrooms in the house. There is a shower in the room.
You will find the master bedroom, with a Serta pillow-top king size bed, downstairs as well as another full bath. The master opens out to the lower deck and hot tub. There is a single bed outside for Summer naps or an extra person.
There is also an extra sleeping area ("bedroom" #4) off the Master & Laundry room with a trundle, (2 twins). This is not an "official" bedroom but it is marked on Airbnb as bedroom #4. It's a great spot for the kids and is only open for sleeping during the summer months.
There is also a twin bed outside on the lower deck, super!... during the summer.
The living room has a queen bed lounge area that can be made into a bed. There is also a pullout sleeper sofa and another 'regular' sofa (leather) that a person could sleep on.
We have 3 bathrooms total in the home. One with a walk in tiled shower off the master, one with a shower in the Garden View room and the third bathroom with shower and tub on the main floor.
The front deck off the kitchen has a large charcoal BBQ/smoker, and charcoal are provided.
1 body = 1 guest, children count as guests. Please count them in your reservation request to Airbnb.
Linens & towels and use of the laundry are provided, however we ask that you bring your own beach towels, house towels are not allowed at the beach.
During the Summer season, I am, at times, on the property at my art studio, out of sight of the house but close enough to help you with anything you might need. I am there to tend the gardens, care for the lawns and check the hot tub.
PETS: Adult, NON-SHEDDING adult dogs are welcome at Jane's Place. Your dog MUST have current vaccination and registration records. Dogs are NOT allowed to stay at the house unattended for any reason at any time. There are doggy daycares in the area if you need to leave your dog for the day. A $100.00 returnable deposit for each dog is required. 2 dog limit and a $10 a night fee per dog. No puppies. No cats.
If your dog is a marker or barker.... do not bring it.
Check your calendar, Flathead Lake is a FANTASTIC vacation destination any time of year!
You can reach Jane's Place through the Polson Montana Chamber of Commerce & Vee R b OH, the other vacation rental by owner site, the number is 268329. Check out our board on Pinterest and see us on a great site named "gardenista".
Thank you for considering Jane's Place on Flathead Lake for your vacation, we hope to see you soon.
If you do not have an Airbnb profile, please register, upload a photo AND write a little about yourself and where you are from so that we may get to know you a little better.
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE HOUSE RULES BEFORE MAKING A RESERVATION.
FOR WEEKLY RENTALS: After you make a reservation I will mail you a copy of the House Rules along with a short contract. By making a reservation here on Airbnb you are agreeing to those terms.
The entire house and property.
Access to the detached shop/garage is not allowed, nor to the art studio near the beach. Extra parking is allowed at the studio.
Inne ważne rzeczy
THE SPEED LIMIT IS 5mph ON THE DRIVEWAY ALL THE WAY TO THE BEACH ~ THANK YOU!Please remember we are located amongst the active cherry orchards farms. If you book for the summer months, there will be a lot of action. The harvest is underway at that time.
During the winter months, a 4x4 is advised.
Please print out the directions and bring them with you. Cell service may be spotty in outlying areas and your cell or mine may not work. Do not depend on a phone call to me en-route for directions. But we do appreciate a call, if it works, when you are an hour from the house.
House Rules & General Guidelines 2017
Jane’s Place Montana LLC Flathead Lake and Hot Springs ~ Teresa ~ (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (EMAIL HIDDEN)
Disclaimer: I know this is a long document, I apologize. I’ve been renting properties for over 20 years, a few, of my past guests have helped write these rules. As time passes, I gain insight from my guests. So, to make sure everyone knows what’s expected, I’ve had to cover some items I never dreamed of, like moving the fire pit to the front yard!. Thanks for your patience. We really just expect common sense and courtesy. We don’t charge cleaning fees any more on weekly stays because we’ve found that the majority of our guests treat our home well and leave it in great shape. Help us to keep up this tradition. Thank you and enjoy your stay. ~ Teresa
(URL HIDDEN) 1. READ THE HOUSE RULES...thanks!
2. Liability & Accidents: Jane’s Place is privately owned. The owner, Jane’s Place Montana LLC is not responsible for any accidents, injuries, illness’ or death that occur while on the premises or suffered after your visit due to an incident while on the premises. Jane’s Place Montana LLC is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Guest or anyone in the Rental Party. By accepting this reservation it is agreed that ALL guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the facilities during their rental stay. Jane’s Place Montana retains the right to cancel any reservation at any time for any reason with a full refund of all fees paid to Jane’s Place refunded to the guest.
3. Septic & Water: Please be kind! This property is on septic and well systems. The septic system is very effective, however, it will clog up if improper materials or too much toilet paper is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH ANYTHING other than toilet paper and human waste. If you are a big paper user, please take a couple of flushes to dispose of the paper. PLEASE: NO Baby wipes, personal wipes or feminine products of any type. If it is found that BABY or PERSONAL WIPES, feminine products, paper towels, Q tips, diapers, condoms, dog waste, old tires or ANY other material except toilet paper & human waste have been flushed and clog the septic system, you, the guest, will be charged the cost of the plumber and septic company to come out.
It’s VERY easy...just don’t flush ANYTHING but toilet paper and you know what …....:)
Please, if there are teenage girls in your group, explain the importance of this rule. Experience shows this age group is thee #1 offender.
We have 2 new 50 gallon hot water tanks. You should have plenty of hot water.
THE DISHWASHER: We have the old fashioned roll away style. Please connect the dishwasher to the sink faucet for water, there is no water connection where it stands. use only the hot water. After connecting, turn on the water SLOWLY. If the connection is not correct you will get a little shower. If this happens, turn the water off and reconnect. PLEASE scrape your dishes into the garbage, not the sink & rinse before loading the dishwasher. We are on a septic system so the organic matter is hard on the washer & the septic system. Thanks!!
No wooden plates, pots & pans, wooden utensils, chef knives or wooden cutting boards in the dishwasher please.
4. Hot Tub: **PLEASE SHOWER BEFORE using the tub. ** Self tanners, oils, body lotions, makeup and the like are VERY BAD for water quality. Suits optional. The soaps and dyes in laundry detergent residue and clothing are also a detriment to water quality. NO CUT-OFFS, flip flops or street clothes in the tub please.
- USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
- Children under the age of 6 years are not allowed in the tub as per Montana State law.
No children under the age of 13 years are permitted in the tub at any time without adult supervision. The hot tub is not a swimming pool. No fins, masks, play toys, jumping or diving.
Maximum number of people in the pool at once * 4 *
NO DIAPERS in the tub!!!!!
- Please do not sit, lay or stand on the hot tub cover. The cover is for insulation purposes and is not designed to support people. It will break and you will be charged for the replacement, about $1200.00. PLEASE leave the cover on when you are not using the spa, so it will stay warm, conserve energy and stay free of leaves and bird droppings.
- When using the hot tub, remember there are certain health risks associated with it’s use. Our housekeepers drain, clean, refill and sanitise the tub prior to your arrival, therefore it may not be warm until later in the evening.
*If for some reason,too many people in the tub or an unnoticed/unexpected leak or something of that nature happens and the water level drops below or to the level of any of the jets, PLEASE put more water in the tub. During the summer months there is a hose around the corner of the house near the driveway. During the winter there is a yellow hose in the laundry room that hooks up in the downstairs bathroom behind the cupboard in front of the water heaters to a water supply.The supply,on the left, is marked with white spray paint.
If the water level is left below the jets, the low water level will cause the motor &/or heater elements to burn up.
***** DO NOT LEAVE THE JETS ON IF YOU ARE NOT USING THE TUB. Newer hot tubs have an automatic shut off after 20 mins. or so, our hot tub is NOT like that, you MUST turn the jets off manually. Leaving them on will burn out the heater & motor(URL HIDDEN) By signing this contract you agree to abide by these rules & precautions.
- One guest will be designated the “Hot Tub Guy/Gal” and I will show you the controls & sanitation procedures. In the event that I am not there upon your arrival for this instruction, there will be instructions left downstairs with the sanitation chemicals. PLEASE call me if there are any problems OR you have questions ~ (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). Smoking: Smoking is allowed outside ONLY. Please use the ashtrays provided and no butts on the ground or beach PLEASE!! Smoking in the house is a $200.00 charge for extra cleaning fees.
6. To The Beach ~ Driving all the way to the beach is allowed for our guests with physical limitations. Everyone can drive down onto the beach, but for the sake of the environment, we’d rather you park near the little white shack and walk the rest of the way. If you have a boat, have at her!
- Please bring your own beach towels, no house towels at the beach please and thank you.
- Do not park on the driveway, it’s shared with our neighbors to the North.
- Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing.
- Please be respectful, we share this driveway with our neighbors to the North.
-All of us along the lake have “private” beaches so please be respectful of our neighbors and do not trespass onto the surrounding properties or buildings. Do not drive on the cut off roads to the left and right.
~ Please do not pick fruit on the north side of the road, it doesn’t belong to us, ONLY the fruit trees above the parking area belong to Jane’s Place.
- PLEASE DO NOT LITTER …...Pack it in pack it out……
7. Fires: Open fires on the beach are permitted at certain times of the year. Please ask before lighting up. Violation of this rule will cost you a visit from our local Fire Department and/or Sheriff and possibly a fine.
- Fireworks are allowed on 4th of July and New Years only. Please clean up the debris.
- The fire pit is at the beach, in it’s current location, for several reasons, please leave it there. DO NOT bring the fire pit up to the front yard (it’s been done!) or to any other location on the property or beach. Leave it where it is, thanks!
8. Noise & Neighbors: As noted in our listing, this IS NOT a place to rent if you intend on having a party fest. Having a grand time is expected but we do have neighbors. Please be respectful of our neighbors and your surroundings. After 11pm is “quieter” time, bring the party indoors. Loud shouting and vulgar language are not appreciated. Most people are here to be with family & friends, relax, and enjoy the beauty this area has to offer. If you are looking for a house to have a “par-tay”, please do not sign this agreement and find another place to stay. If someone else is disturbing your stay, please call me right away, if I am able, I will do whatever I can to remedy the situation.
If you are asked to leave due to loud parties, the police being called because of noise after 11 p.m., vulgar language, fighting, massive intoxication or the like, the remainder of your stay will not be refunded.
This is your property for the week, or however long you are here. Sometimes neighbors or other vacationers would like to use the dock, beach, hot tub (it’s been done!) You are in NO WAY obliged to let someone you don’t know use your property. We strongly advise you to say “NO”. If someone gets hurt and you allowed them on the property, you are responsible even if they are not in your group. If you have any questions about this, please call me. Some people have even prefaced their request with “Teresa said we could” still say “NO”. I do not do this, ever.
The ONLY exception to this, being on the property is: My neighbor to the North, Scott, has a right to turn on the water valves above the shop/parking area for irrigation. You may see him go there, that’s OK. That’s the ONLY place he goes, we share an irrigation system. PLEASE DO NOT PICK ANY FRUIT FROM THE ORCHARDS BELOW THE (URL HIDDEN) not ours, ONLY above the shop/parking area/garbage cans.
9. Housekeeping & Garbage: Jane’s Place does not provide daily housekeeping although this can be arranged ahead of time for stays longer than 1 week for a fee.
The internet password and key code will be given to you just prior to check in. If you are arriving after hours, contact me for the code prior to arrival. Please keep the house locked when you are not there.
There is a new vacuum for your use.
- Please bag your household garbage and place it in the cans out by the shop/parking area. Please do not leave loose garbage, there are bags in the kitchen. We will dispose of it for you.
- If you have a spill or need to clean up the floors because of dogs, kids or whatever…. there are clean rags under the kitchen sink & in the desk drawers in the laundry room. Please don’t use our good towels & linens for cleaning up messes. Thanks! There are also some cleaning supplies for the rugs in case you have a spill. If something noteworthy happens in this department, please let us know so we can take care of it as soon as you leave. We understand accidents happen, we are more than happy to deal with them, we just need to know about them so we can get the place cleaned up in a timely fashion for the next group coming in.
- If something gets broken, please let us know so it’s not a surprise for the next group.
10. Clean-Up & Check Out: You have probably noticed that Jane’s Place does not charge an extra “Cleaning Fee” for weekly stays. We have found that our guests generally leave the house the way they found it, in great shape :)!! We are extremely grateful for your consideration in this matter. Help us to continue this tradition.
~ Checkout is by 10 a.m. sharp unless otherwise arranged. We have new guests arriving in the afternoon and need to get cleaning. Thanks for your attention to this. During the off season early and late check in’s and out’s are usually available.
~ Please do not leave dirty dishes in the sink or dishwasher for us. If we have to do the dishes, we charge $100. We don’t mind putting them away if you leave them in the dishwasher. :)
~ Cleaning the oven after a Betty Crocker Bake-off will be charged $150.00.
~ Please bag your garbage and leave it in the cans outside at the parking area. Please no loose garbage, there are bags in the house.
~ Feel free to strip your beds :), although it’s not necessary. Please leave the linens in your room. Please do strip the sleeper beds in the living room before you fold them up.
~ Sweeping and vacuuming are optional, but always appreciated, greatly.
~ If you have decided to rearrange the furniture during your stay, please put it back before you go.
~ In the event you had a dog(s) at Jane’s Place, please clean up after it if it is a shedder.
Extra house cleaning for dog hair will be billed at $45.00 an hour, 1 hour min. Thanks!
***Our new clothes washer is notorious for going off balance in the spin cycle no matter how carefully you arrange/distribute evenly the items in the bin before washing. Please be aware of this, you will hear it. Do not let it go unattended. PLEASE readjust and start the spin cycle again.
* Please don’t start the washer and leave the house, sorry.
* Please make sure you check the water level before starting your loads, that’s why the fins are broken, a full load with low water level by guests this summer.
* If washing towels, please separate the dark and whites. The darks will pick up white lint balls and be unusable.
* Please do not overload the washer or dryer.
~ ** During the Winter months: PLEASE turn the “Edenpure” off (the switch is on the back of the box) & unplug the oil heaters downstairs when you leave, turn the upstairs thermostat down to 50 or the lowest setting 40 or higher. Leave the front porch light on, lock the house, (upstairs & down) and leave the keys in the key box on the front porch.**
11.Other Guests: Please have ALL your guests read these rules. You are responsible for them knowing the “House Rules”. There is a copy on the bar in the house.
12.Dogs: ALL dogs MUST be pre-approved prior to arrival. There is a $100.00 per dog deposit that is due prior to arrival. The fee for dogs is $10 per dog per night. Please pick up after your dog. There are pooch poop bags in the kitchen for your use, please use them. Please keep your dog(s) under control at all times. As stated in our listing, the yard is not fenced. Dogs are NOT to be left AT ANY TIME ALONE IN THE HOUSE. If your dog is a barker, don’t bring it. Please keep your animals off the furniture, extra cleaning in this department is charged out at $45 an hour, 1 hour min.
13. HAVE FUN!! and PLEASE SIGN THE GUEST -BOOK before you leave, we hope to see you again. Also, upon returning home, please take some time and write us a review on our (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) or AIRBNB site, we REALLY appreciate this.
Thank you very much for staying with us here at Jane’s Place during your vacation on Flathead Lake. If there is anything you would like to suggest, to make the next families stay a little better, please feel free to let me know. I am always looking for ways to improve my guest experience here.
I, the Guest, have read the House Rules for Jane’s Place on Flathead Lake and agree that myself,all the people in my rental party and any other guest(s) I or my guests may invite to the property will abide by these rules and will hold Jane’s Place Montana LLC harmless for any and all damages that may occur as the result of our rental agreement and subsequent stay.
I am generally at the house to meet and greet, and then I leave. At times during the Summer and Fall months, I come on site to maintain the gardens, mow the lawns and check up on the hot tub. I stay out of your hair! I do not live on the property.
Life motto: Less stuff, more time to travel!
What I enjoy about hosting? Everything!
I have the privilege to live in one of the most beautiful places on the planet. I have traveled the world and find Montana to still be one of my favorites. I love to share it with others and help them see the sites that will become memories for a lifetime.
I like to give my guests as much privacy as they like.