Relax in a nice woodsy quiet area away from downtown. 5 min woodsy walk to bus stop, deli/coffee, depending how fast you are.
Minutes from downtown (by Car/Bus/Bike), major locations, beach & train. 1.5 hrs express train to NYC! Please check schedules & routes in advanced!
2nd separate listing from another room.
What's unique is this is a safe lovely big house (1900 sqft), yard, deck & A LOT of common space (kitchen, living rooms, office & quiet rooms), at a cul de sac dead end!! PLEASE READ IMPORTANT NOTE ON BOTTOM BEFORE YOU BOOK.
ALSO PLEASE NOTE: Depending which booking room either has Air Mattress OR Regular bed. CARPET IS NOT DIRTY: also has been worn or small stained from past tenants, (food/paint/cigarettes). I vacuum regularly and currently have not been able to restore it.
Many places w/such amenities charges $100+ more per night & hotels downtown is $200+.. so it's a great value! House has some furnishings, available to share:
-Large wood dining table & small kitchen table too
-Chill area, chairs/rocking chair, corner tables, to read, Den chair & sofa, Magazines (mostly music), etc.
-Outside Deck within railings.. (please no leaning!)
-Quiet room (unfurnished, but chairs available).
-HDTV/Monitor & speaker system for micro-usb devices or laptop available in den area - upon request.
-(1 GUEST) - Room with 18" Twin Deluxe Air Bed, feather padding on top.
-(2+ GUESTS) Room with a simple Full Sized (firm) foam mattress bed.
- If you need more than 2.. There are plenty of space to "camp" (if you wish to bring your own sleeping bag or futon). Additional 2+ more people is additional small charge.
It's not a luxury hotel, but a home I live in & sharing with you. So you may see some space used e.g. if I'm cooking or cleaning. If you don't feel this & amenities listed, is enough, please let me know what you need, issues upon staying, or try booking elsewhere that meets your standards.
- Due to expenses running the home, Please count all guests coming! Please be courteous of utilities (lights, heating, water, etc).
- Weekly/Monthly booking is available.. please ask!
- Please excuse paint/cleaning/boxes/supplies around, I'm constantly improving home & it's out of the way. If it's bothersome I can move it.
OTHER ROOMMATE/GUEST : I currently have a roommate, and occasional Airbnb'rs or guest(s).
IMPORTANT NOTE PLEASE READ:
There has been misunderstandings w/cleanliness-- I do clean the older upstairs bathroom regularly, especially because I have health issues with dust/dirt. The reason why tub/floor/tiles look "stained" is because its just the design, older, faded & scratched. I've tried cleaning for hours with the most *powerful* chemicals, cannot remove & cannot afford more renovation than I already do. ***If you have an issue with appearance, please use the newer downstairs bathroom. Please also excuse some paint/stain buckets, boxes & cleaning supplies that might be around (but is generally out of your way).. This is my home I have been trying to improve. If it's bothersome to look at, please ask me to move it. Thank you!
Please read Airbnb's policy carefully. Airbnb does not refund fees & charges host's pay when you cancel. I've been generous/flexible to allow changes day prior, even when I lose out. However, it's been *really* tough with my busy schedule, when waiting for guests (sometimes 3-4+ hours later), time coordinating, questions, preparing, checking in, touring & cleaning.
- So guests will no longer receive full refund (minus fees) if you cancel/change after booking starts.*** There are only some exceptions.
If guests cancel/change last minute, please understand it's my loss, as I can't easily schedule another guest last minute, and guests normally do not book the day of, so I will lose days & weekend.
- Airbnb automatically gives full refund (minus fees), according to their policy before booking starts.
- If you request after booking, they refund partial according to cancellation policy.
- I am not required submit a request to Airbnb & for additional refunds, but if I do **Airbnb needs time & makes they make final decision on what to refund to you.**
- Please be honest why you're canceling, for example if you find something that better fits your location, schedule, preferences, etc, please state it's your decision. Or else Airbnb team will contact hosts with reported issues to try to dispute.
- Generally I don't feel comfortable allowing check-ins without my presence. Upon accepting a booking, I believe Airbnb will auto-email further info on how to lock/unlock door & I will provide key upon arrival. If you do not receive a welcome email, please let me know.
CHECK IN / CHECK OUT / ARRIVAL
Please ask my availability to check you in. Usually weekdays after 6pm and weekends anytime I'm around.
- Please know, homes are *not* hotels with full time staff to check you in anytime, and I often delay/reschedule/cancel my own plans to check in guests, so please respect my time like I do for guests.
- I'd appreciate a 1 hour maximum time slot in case you're delayed, but please arrive the time you say you will.
- Guest can have access to all common areas, such as kitchen (to prep your own food/groceries), shared bathrooms (1 with tub or 1 with walk in stone shower), dining room, yard, deck, & upstairs living room, and downstairs lounge area!
If you're a musician/creative/student, etc who needs some quiet time, there is an empty quiet room downstairs to jam! I even have a small karaoke machine! Yes, KARAOKE!
- High speed, WIFI available upon request.
- Aid items such as Bandaids, rubbing alcohol, cotton, hydrogen peroxide, etc
- Filtered water in a jug to hydrate & ice dispenser in kitchen fridge.
- 1 towel per person, 1 clean pillow case over pillow, 1 clean sheet, and 1 clean cover or blanket. If you need more, please bring more.
-Sorry, I'm not a maid service so I won't be cleaning your laundry or sheets daily, there is laundry access downstairs, but I can clean all borrowed items after you leave.
Kontakt z gośćmi
Currently, my schedule is unfortunately hectic, time & budget is small, so my interaction with guests may be minimal & sometimes I'm not there, though sometimes I did hang out with guests (e.g. bonfire, or restaurant with ocean view)! I'd be happy to suggest awesome food & recreation nearby you can go to!
If there is another AirBnb/Roommate/Guest, they are generally really busy but friendly. They may be doing their own thing, or maybe have time to talk/hang out. No promises on hanging out with you, but feel free to ask if you'd like to, But please don't take it personal if they are busy or do not!
Inne ważne rzeczy
If necessary, will ask for ID verification and video chat before booking, especially with longer stays or you don't have many reviews, I may ask for appropriate documents:
e.g. ID, . Credit Report, Utilities/Rental History, etc
Please be clean, kind, courteous, respectful. We also live here!
- Shoes off (Please help keep carpet/hardwood floor clean, free of dirt/scratches). Shared guest slippers available upon request. :)
- Be gentle/quiet during rest times.. (Please no slamming doors/dishes, refrigerator, cabinets, walk heavy or loud on phone).
- Try the larger newer bathroom downstairs. (Old bathroom is clean but folks are mistaken because it's worn).
- Please clean after yourselves in bathrooms.. we also live here & may occasionally have other guests!
- PLEASE DO NOT eat/take other people's food, drinks, snacks or condiments. It takes time & money for housemates to get or make. Believe it or not, it seems common occurrence. Chocolates meant for gifts, prepared seafood, much or entire bottles of sauces/jams, etc, gone, out of country chocolates not sold anywhere else.
I trust you in my home & offer my hospitality. Please be respectful.
- Wear your spring/summer clothes during & please be gentle with cooling provided!
- Wear warm clothes during cold weather. Heating can cost $30+/day if we turn it up high 24/7, so to kindly keep AirBnb $$ costs down for you, I'd ask you to be efficient with electric & oil heating. Of course minimum is provided at 65degs F, & we turn it down when we are out (to a minimum temperature, so pipes don't freeze). I'll show how.
- If you need high temps for heating or , please add $15/day.
- If space heater is provided, there is risk of fire so please, don't turn to maximum temp, leave objects 3 ft away, & turn off when not in use. Please be kind. It uses a lot of electricity too. Fire extinguishers are located on each floor.
If this is an issue, please try another location, but this area expensive, so trying to help you out :)
- Please turn off all lights if not in use.
- If there is a draft please let me know.. it's a double pain window so if you open or touch the lock & not close properly there is a large gap & cause large draft.
No drugs or illegal activity.
No pets at the moment.
...I'm having severe dust/particle/odor allergies this year..
- So If you smoke cigarettes, please smoke outside, but extinguish it in a non flammable ash tray provided, not yard, deck, street or garden please. (I will end up having to pick it up or neighbors will). Then place in a trash bag after it's put out (or fire can occur).
- If you have excessive trash, food trash, or recyclables, please bag them well, and place in Black trash bin, and recyclables in Blue trash bin outside. (Residents could be fined by the city if they are not recycled or cleaned before recycling).
- Parking is FREE & EASY! I live in dead end & there's plenty! Airbnb emails Parking information is emailed upon booking.
Generally, please don't block neighbor's mailbox or driveway.
Sorry if this is a lot of information, it's frequently things that happen, but I greatly appreciate the consideration!!
I am a web developer (program sites & applications), who is also creative (originally wanted to be an artist). I can be really shy, quiet, geeky awkward, reserved, (nothing personal!), but also sometimes can be very outgoing (especially with karaoke), social w/friends, or spontaneous.
I'd request and appreciate a video chat through before agreeing to host/stay at my home. :)
I'm fairly new to traveling. My minimal experience so far has been.
-Rhode Island (9 days)
-Philly (Pennsylvania) (3 days)
-Connecticut (a few days)
-MA (several days)
-1st time "out of the country" was Montreal, August 2013!!!! Solo, staying at a nice host (from another site)!
-Also: North Carolina (7days), New Jersey (3 days), New Hampshire
I am very considerate, clean, guest who cleans after oneself. I did hang out with friends when I stayed there, but will give a lot of space and typically do my own thing solo or be out all day, when people or I need to, especially if I'm staying more than a day.
My home is a working progress, so if you stay here, please don't mind boxes, tools, etc around. Overall the house is big enough that even these things don't block in a claustrophobic way.
As far as languages.. Fluent in English, know a little French & Vietnamese. My most used phrase in Montreal was, Parlez-vous Anglais? ;)
Hanging w/hosts/guests is an option but not required! I typically give a lot of space! I had the honor of the Host showing me around Montreal :)