Our little cottage Hóll is located in a peaceful fishing village near the harbor, ideal for those looking for peace and quiet. Restaurants, shops, swimming pool and walking pads awaits those who want to stay in the area.
Hóll or ,,The house on The Hill" in English is an old wooden house built in 1921 when there were few streets in the village. Hóll has two floors, on the first floor is the main bedroom with one double bed, bathroom with a shower, washing machine, entrance into the garden, and another bedroom with a single bed. We provide bed sheets and towels for our guests. On the second floor is the old fashion kitchen, the living room and the entrance to a patio. Between the two floors is a very steep stairway and may not be suitable for people with mobility problems.
Hóll is located very near the renovated ,,French Hospital" which was in use in the eighteenth century when the French fishermen stayed in Fáskrúðsfjörður bay for safety. The Hospital is today a popular Hotel, bar and a restaurant where you can have delicious Icelandic local food. You can walk along the harbor and have a nice nightcap before you walk back home.
Fáskrúðsfjörður is a quiet nice place with fantastic view to the mountains and lots of local walking pads in the village and also between villages.
A nearby public transit is located on the Rue de Hóll which is just few seconds away. Notice that all the streets in Fáskrúðsfjörður has also its french name! In wintertime Fáskrúðsfjörður is famous because of its Aurora Borealis scenary!
Enjoy your stay:)
Guests are allowed to use the whole Cottage outside and inside as they wish. There are places to sit down and look at the view from the patio or from the garden.
Kontakt z gośćmi
I interact with the guests through the internet, mobile phones and by personal contact. Guests have all their convenience when arriving at the cottage anytime after 3 o´clock in afternoon the check in day and don´t have to rely upon certain timing with the host, I though ask them to let me know though e-mail when they´re inside safely:)
1. This is our (second) home and we expect our guests to treat it with respect; as if their own. The house is old and we are gradually rebuilding it and we expect consideration and carefulness at all times.
2. Upon arrival the house will be clean and we expect it to be in the same condition when guests leave. Guests are welcome after 3´clock in the afternoon and are asked to leave the cottage before 12 ´clock noon.
3. In all instances we ask our guests to do the dishes and take out the garbage. Please put all bottles, both plastic and glass, in plastic bag and leave it beside the garbage outside.
4. We ask you to take care concerning the environment and neighbours.
5. There should be calm and quiet on weekdays between 24:00 and 9:00 and working days between 22:00 and 8:00.
6. Pets are allowed on the premises under certain conditions. If you are bringing a pet please tell us about it beforehand.
7. Smoking is forbidden inside the house. If you smoke outside, please do not throw your cigarette stubs on the ground around the house.
8. Please park your car on the street below the house (Hamarsgata)
9. If you have any trouble or things are not working, please let us know.
Thank you and enjoy your stay:)
I love the countryside in Iceland, especially the fjords and the small villages and travel a lot around my country with friends and family all year around. My motto is ,,be positive and helpful" and I would like to give my guests the opportunity to enjoy the rural and the quiet areas in the country by staying at my cottage Hóll.