If you're looking for the real Welsh experience, then look no further
than Maes y Gwy cottage. Set on a working farm in rolling open meadows,
woodlands and hills, it is the ideal place to get away from it all and
is the perfect location from which to explore the many attractions in
the area. Great for family holidays, this cottage boasts plenty of
outdoor space, and the chance for your little ones to help with feeding
farm animals and collecting eggs in the morning. A short drive from
Chepstow, home to the oldest surviving stone castle in Britain, Maes y
Gwy is also well-placed for the M4 and M5 corridors which make
visiting Newport, Cardiff and Bristol easy and convenient, this cottage
offers both peace and tranquillity, and the opportunity to explore
nearby towns and historical sites.
* Size - Sleeps four in three bedrooms.
* Beds – One double, two singles.
* Rooms – Ground floor- Open plan lounge kitchen and dining area,
cloakroom with WC. First floor – Double bedroom, single bedroom,
shower room with WC, single bedroom.
* Kitchen and utility - Fully equipped kitchen and dining area.
Shared utility room with washing machine and two large freezers.
* For families – Travel cot and high chair available on request.
Please bring your own cot linen.
* Entertainment – TV.
* Outside – Table and chairs at front of property, and barbecue set
is available on request. Enclosed play area with picnic bench. Hot
tub in a private fenced-in area to be shared with guests staying at
the other cottage. Access to the hot tub is between 10 AM and 7 PM,
10 AM till 5 PM January to March. Front patio.
* General- Electricity and heating included. Bed linen and towels
provided. Logs are provided as and when needed. Wheelchair access
friendly. Wireless internet is available, but Wi-Fi signal in
cottage cannot be guaranteed due to wall thickness. Maes y Gwy is
adjoined to Maes y Felin holiday cottage. Both may be booked
together to sleep up to 10 guests.
* Pets - One well-behaved dog welcomed on the ground floor only fo (Website hidden by Airbnb) charge of £37. Dogs must be kept on leads at all times when
* Notes – Please note that this is a working farm and children must
be supervised at all times.
* This property has a £150 good housekeeping refundable bond, which
is payable to Wales Cottage Holidays along with the balance of your
holiday. Alternatively, you can waiver this bond by payin (Website hidden by Airbnb) non-refundable fee of £5 per person instead.
Pets information: Pets are allowed at this property by prior
arrangement only. Extra charge may be payable (from £25 to £70 per pet
per week). Please contact the holiday cottage agency directly after
booking to arrange.