Thanks for your review Johnny. I am delighted that you choose my place for your short stay in Boston. These are some of explanation that I'm happy to explain to you to help you understand what you concerned in your feedback such as the distance, public transportation and traffic time. You might have different experience between your country and the U.S.
- The distance to downtown: Boston is one of the big cities in the U.S. Typical 1 hour travelling time from this destination to other destination is normal. I dont think 25 minutes from my house to downtown included walking time to the train and taking train is considered far from downtown as you mentioned in your feedback. Also, taking Uber at traffic time or rush hours with UberX cost $15 is normal. You could save money if you had planed better about time and took Uber Pool instead of Uber X. It usually cost me $4-$9 for Uber to go to downtown and take only 10 to 15 minutes depend on traffic. However, I regret that you had to spend that much money.
- The distance from the airport: I'm sorry that you felt that it's far from Logan Airport to my house. However, I dont think 15 minutes by taking taxi from the airport to my house is consider as a far distance on the night you arrived. I am sad that you took off 1 star because of that.
- House shaking: Mostly, houses in the U.S. were built by wood. Boston has a lot of wind and my apartment is located on the 3rd floor, so it's easy to understand that you might experience the room was shaking sometimes. Especially, we have some storms with strong wind on days you stayed at my place. The bed is placed on a high bed frame, so you will experience the shaking easier. However, you might very sensitive. I wish you let me know your worries when you were here.
In conclusion, after you booked a listing on airbnb, you should know the address. Next time, when you book a listing, you should spend time to read instruction, description of the house that you are going to stay in about
- check-in, check-out time (you checked-in late after 11PM and checked -out late after 11AM without let me be noticed ahead until I contacted you)
- Do some research about the area you are going to travel, (Hidden by Airbnb) maps the distance from the house's address to your destination, ask the host for tips that help you to save money for transportation, which transportation you should take, and dont forget to ask host ahead your arrival if they allow you to come late/early or check-out late. I am sorry to hear that you didnt really enjoy your trip. You are welcome to come back and stay at my place again. Good luck in your adventure!