The Lady Next Door is an 1892 Victorian with all the charm of a B&B with the privacy of your own home. It is great for couples, business travelers, girl's weekends and families who enjoy staying together in one place. Often people travel to Cherokee for reunions, weddings, funerals, graduations and the like and this is a perfect way for groups to stay together in comfortable surroundings. Keep us in mind when attending any of the numerous festivals, concerts and events in the area.
The house is spacious and has four bedrooms, 1.5 baths, a formal dining room with a large table that comfortably seats 10. The kitchen is fully stocked with everything you need to prepare meals. We provide a welcome basket with basic items for the first day or so of your stay including coffee and tea, fresh eggs and milk, and a variety of breakfast items. There is a completely furnished 3-season porch, a deck with gas grill and a covered porch with a porch swing. The bedrooms have comfortable beds and luxury linens. There is also off-street parking in back and a large grassy yard. We have received all 5 star reviews on our page (internet search Lady Next Door Cherokee Iowa) and hope you will feel the same when you visit!
We provide self check-in. The first and second floors are for guest use. We live about 25 minutes away on our farm in Pierson. We will make ourselves available if you need anything but otherwise we tend to allow our guests their privacy. We also have people right in Cherokee who are available to tend to any urgent needs.
Internet search Lady Next Door Cherokee Iowa to learn more.
Inne ważne rzeczy
The on-going refurbishing of this Victorian gem is a very special project to us as we are restoring a charming turn of the century home while providing a wonderful place for our guests to stay. We only ask that you love her as much as we do and care kindly for her.
The house is not a venue but we are happy to work with our guests if they would like to have visitors at the house. Often our guests like to host dinner parties or cocktail parties or small gatherings of friends for various events in town. If you are going to have more than 16 people in the house at any time, our pre-approval and expressed permission is required. Please inquire about this when you submit your request.
We are not militant about it, but we strongly prefer a "no shoes in the house" policy to protect the 125 year old hardwood floors. We provide slippers and fresh house shoes for our guests to use or feel free to bring your own.
The house is not particularly well-suited for infants and toddlers. It has not been "baby-proofed" for safety.
We make every effort to make your stay memorable and comfortable. You can find more information by doing an internet search of Lady Next Door Cherokee Iowa
RENTAL RULES-They sound strict but really, pretty standard and common sense.
1. Smoking: Smoking is absolutely prohibited anywhere inside the residence which includes the three-season porch, nor is it allowed on the front porch (where the swing is). Smoking is allowed outside only, on the northwest corner in the designated sign-posted smoking area or at the rear of the house on the deck or in the back yard. Cigarette butts shall be put out and deposited in the appropriate marked containers. Smoking inside the residence will result in a $400.00 cleaning charge.
2. Overnight guests: People other than those in the guest party set forth in your reservation may not stay overnight in the property. Number of overnight guests may not exceed 9. Absolutely no furniture other than designated beds, (i.e., sofas, chaise, etc.) may be used for guests to sleep on. We are firm on this point. Any person visiting or staying in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. Attic and Basement: Guest agrees that at no time will the Guest or any member of the rental party attempt to enter the unfinished areas of the attic or basement of residence for safety reasons.
4. Liability: The residence is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
5. Furnishings: Guest agrees to keep the property and all furnishings in good order and assumes responsibility for repair or replacement of any lost or damaged furnishings or features of the residence. Guest agrees to inform the homeowners immediately of any damages incurred during the rental period.
6. Appliances: Only use appliances for their intended uses
7. Pets: Pets are not allowed at this time.
8. Overnight Parking: Parking is limited to 2 vehicle (s) on street in front of the residence and 2 vehicles at the rear of the residence. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. In the case of snow emergency, all vehicles must be parked at the rear of the residence. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner
9. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. Towels and linens are not to be removed from the property.
10. Fireplace: The fireplace is a non-functional woodstove with no liner and no vent and cannot be used at any time. Tenant assumes all liability for any damage to the property or personal injury if any attempts at using the wood stove are made.
11. Candles: Absolutely no candles or open flame devices (tabletop fireplaces etc.) may be used on the property with the exception of the gas stove located in the kitchen and the propane grill located on the deck at the rear of the house. Tenant assumes all liability for any damage to the property or personal injury as a result of violating this rule.
12. Water and Septic: Guest agrees not to flush anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products or flushable wipes such as Charmain Freshmates or other wet wipes should be flushed at any time. If it is found that any of these products have been flushed and clog the septic system, tenant will be responsible for any necessary repairs to the septic system including parts and labor of a qualified plumber.
13. Upon Leaving: Guest agrees to:
a. Remove trash and dispose of in provided dumpster in the rear of the residence.
b. Wash/Clean any dishes, appliances, utensils, etc. used by Guest and rental party and return the kitchen to a similar cleanliness/condition as it was upon entering the residence
c. Remove any leftover food or drink from the residence
d. Hang wet towels on towel hooks and put remaining towels and dishtowels in hamper on 2nd floor landing
e. Restore the residence to a similar condition as it was upon arrival
With the acceptance of this reservation, the renter agrees to these terms and conditions.