Private, quiet and cozy! Relax in this 3 room + bath suite with kitchenette on 2nd floor in a 100 year old home close to Boston. Subway is 2.5 miles away.
A bus stop* on weekdays is 3 houses away that takes you to the Oak Grove subway* in 10 minutes. You are 10 minutes by car from Routes 93, 95, 1. Free parking. Sleep well with a king-size Tempur-Pedic bed. 75% heat/ hot water from solar power.
> Walk upstairs to a lockable door to the entire 2nd floor of a 100 year old Dutch Colonial.
Detailed below is a description of the space and amenities provided. The photos also provide more information on what you should expect from the suite.
> Your suite includes:
>a) Bedroom 1 with a King-sized, Tempu-Pedic bed.
>b) 2nd room is set up as a living room with a day bed and a reading chair OR as 1 or 2 twin beds with memory foam toppers. There is a 32" Flat screen TV with Roku or Cable (I'm transitioning).
> The 3rd room has a kitchenette (Not a full kitchen) which includes a coffee maker, electric tea kettle, microwave, small-fridge, and toaster oven. We provide coffee, tea, hot cocoa, sweeteners, and powdered creamer along with snacks and paper products for use with your food. There is no sink for washing dishes. There is a dining table with seating for 3 with a lamp/charging station that can also be used as a desk.
> There's also a full bathroom with toiletries, blow dryers, and fresh towels for your exclusive use.
> An outdoor space for smoking has been provided. Smoking, e-cigarettes, and vaping is permitted ONLY in this outdoor location on the property. Please do not walk up and down the driveway smoking.
> In the winter, we have a solar heating system that produces about 75% of our heating needs.
> In the summer, the suite has 2 ceiling fans and two a/c window units.
> There are extra pillows, blankets and towels in the closets.
> The house is located in a safe and family-friendly, quiet neighborhood.
> There is a 225 acre park, golf course and walking trails at the top of the street. You can see the Boston Skyline and Revere Beach at the top by the road by the tower. I have marked a trail in the woods that is about 1 mile. Please see the manual for more info.
> The suite is assessable via public transportation*. Please see a more detailed description in the Getting Around section if you plan on relying on public transportation.
You will have the entire 2nd floor (walk up staircase) with a lockable door for your exclusive use while staying. The door has an electronic lock and there is also a chain on the inside of the door for complete privacy while you are occupying the space.
Kontakt z gośćmi
We are only a Airbnb Message Away.
The day before your arrival, you will be sent detailed instructions about check-in, checkout, electronic keycodes for the doors and directions to our home (important because GPS doesn't always get it right) and parking instructions. (Melrose does not permit overnight on-street parking.)
If you need an early check in, it can be arranged if there are no other guests checking out. On the day of checkout, if we do not have any other guests arriving, we can also arrange a later checkout than 10 am.
There is a manual with info on how to use the subway, restaurant suggestions and other local details.
We have lived in Melrose for 24 years and are happy to provide help with directions, using the subway system and schedules (Extra maps and schedules are printed in the manual for your use) and for fun things to do in the area.
Inne ważne rzeczy
1. All guests staying in the suite will be required to send us a government issued photo id or passport within 3 days of your booking. Access to the suite will not be granted until all IDs have been provided. Your AirBnB profile picture must be a picture of you (not your pet, landscape, etc.)
2. If you wish to use the iron, please ask.
3. Pre-approval for infants (non-crawling or walking) and children over 12 are considered.
4. No pets inhabit the suite you will staying in but there is a quiet dog and two cats that live in the apartment below.
5. All guests visiting must be pre-approved. Due to liability, no children under 12 are permitted in the suite.
6. There one video camera with audio located on the front porch when you enter our home for security and verifying. There are no video cameras inside of your suite. Your privacy is important to us.
a) We require a government issued photo id of all guests staying in the suite sent via text within 3 days of the booking. (This is separate from the Airbnb verification process.) Access to the suite will not be granted until all ids have been provided. (ID number can be masked).
b) The picture on your AirBnB account must be a recent picture of the guest making the reservation. (IE: no pictures of pets, children, landscape, etc)
c) If multiple guests are checking in on different times and/or days, the person checking in first must make the reservation.
No burning of candles or incense or use of air deodorizers due to allergies.
No visitors or children unless pre-approved and Government ID is provided. NO exceptions!
a. No smoking,-cigarettes, vaping or disposal of cigarettes or ashes INDOORS.
b. Smoking is permitted ONLY in the designated area in the outside shade garden. Please use ashtray provided and close cover when done. Cigarettes and ashes may only be disposed of in ashtray. Please do not walk up and down driveway smoking. If you are smoking outside before 8 am or after 8 pm, please keep your voices low so you do not disturb our neighbors.
5. QUIET TIME is after 9 pm but you can come and go as you please. We just ask that you be mindful if you are coming in late. There are people sleeping below you so please keep this in mind if you are walking around late at night (especially in the living room and kitchenette).
6. Please hand up all wet towels on the hooks on the back door of the bathroom. Do not hang towels on poster bed, over bathtub, on furniture.
7. CHECK IN and CHECK OUT Times
Unless otherwise pre-arranged, check in time is after 4 pm and checkout out time is 10 am.
8. By making a reservation and accepting our house rules you acknowledge that you have read our listing description, pictures, location and access to transportation and therefore can not complain about something that was explained in the listing.
Thank you for respecting our suite and being mindful of our house rules.
I both have an Airbnb unit that I rent and also use Airbnb when I travel. I live in the Boston area and am originally from East Meadow, NY.