Private use of finished portions a beautifully restored home from 1895, including front porch, lounge, 2 bedrooms, and bath. Walking distance to bike share, grocery store and several entertainment districts (Avondale, Forest Park, and Lakeview). Also close to downtown, UAB, St. Vincent's, and the airport. Continental breakfast included. We can provide up to 2 double air mattresses for additional guests but space will be tight. We have hotel-suite type kitchen amenities but not a working kitchen.
Although we do not have a full kitchen, there is a mini-fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee pot, hot water for tea, mini ice-maker, and dishes. Continental breakfast included.
Also note that although our listing accommodates "8" there are only beds for 4. I can provide up to 2 double-sized air mattresses but space will be pretty tight for this many guests.
Please do not use first floor other than the lounge, the rest of the first floor is under construction. Don't worry—we will not be there working during your stay.
Kontakt z gośćmi
I live and work next door and am happy to meet you upon check-in if you wish (depending on timing), and am available in person or via phone/text to help throughout your stay. I'm happy to provide recommendations for things to do in Birmingham. I enjoy meeting guests when circumstances allow, but I am equally happy to respect your privacy if that is your preference. It's up to you!
Inne ważne rzeczy
Note that it is an old house, and as a result can sometimes be a little warm in summer or a little cool in winter (when temps outside are extremely hot or very cold). It is comfortable, but you cannot perfectly control the climate in those extreme cases. We do have central A/C, central heat, and plenty of fans.
- I live and work next door, so am happy to help with any issues during your stay if I'm home. On the rare occasions we are traveling, I'll have someone on call in case emergencies arise.
- First floor access is limited to lounge area; the rest of the first floor is under construction/blocked off.
- We have worked hard restoring this house, please treat it respectfully.
- Mini-fridge, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker are provided in lounge. (No kitchen.) Dishes can be washed in upstairs bathroom if needed.
- Smoking allowed on front porch only (not inside).