Walkley Wood Cottage is a pretty, semi-detached cottage set over 4 floors and full of cosy character. Perfect for 2-3 guests but can sleep up to 4.
It has the best of both worlds, beautiful scenery and walks are on the doorstep, plus a range of interesting shops, delis and restaurants are just a 10 minute walk away in the small town of Nailsworth. There's also a great pub (dog-friendly) a short walk across the valley.
The perfect base to relax, or explore Bath, Tetbury, Westonbirt and beyond.
The layout of the cottage adds to its quirky charm. In true cottage style the rooms are full of original features such as exposed Cotswold stone walls and a traditional fireplace with woodburner.
On the ground floor the cosy living room has a fireplace with woodburner, TV, DVD player and a selection of DVDs to watch, plus a range of games and books are also available for your use.
The kitchen is situated on the lower ground floor and has a dining table that seats 4, plus a highchair is also available. Tea, coffee and milk is supplied for arrival. The kitchen is fully equipped and has a large fridge/freezer, dishwasher (tablets supplied), electric oven with a gas 5 burner hob, microwave, iron and ironing board (please note there is limited natural light in the kitchen - skylight window).
There are lovely views to be enjoyed from the master bedroom - this is a light and larger room on the top floor. It is furnished with antique furnishings and a king size bed which can also be configured as 2 twin beds on request.
On the first floor there is a smaller 2nd bedroom that has a single bed with a pull out 2nd single bed (on request). Towels, linens and toiletries are supplied.
Outside to the front of the cottage, there is a small pretty courtyard garden.
Check in is any time after 3pm. Access is via a key safe - the code will be supplied before arrival.
Kontakt z gośćmi
We are always on hand by phone to help and assist with any queries before or during your stay. Our housekeeper is also close-by.
Inne ważne rzeczy
*Please read before booking*
- We are situated in a quiet, peaceful area yet in close proximity to our next door neighbours and other surrounding cottages. Out of courtesy to our neighbours please be respectful and mindful of noise during your stay. No parties or group bookings are accepted.
- The 2nd bedroom of the property is a smaller bedroom with 1 single bed plus the option of an additional pull out bed (please note - space within the 2nd bedroom is limited with both beds in place - see photo).
- The property is semi-detached and the garden is a small courtyard area to the front of the property which also has a shared path to our neighbours front door.
- Parking is on-street and unfortunately there aren't any spaces directly outside the cottage however we usually have no problem finding a space to park around 100-200 metres away. The cottages in the area were built long before the roads were used by cars, so please be aware the streets can be quite narrow in places. We find it is part of the charm of the area, but appreciate it can sometimes take a bit of getting used to. Full directions and a map will be sent on booking.
- The cottage is infant friendly, we supply a high chair and travel cot but please be aware that there are no stair gates (we are on 4 floors) or fire guard supplied.
*Please read before booking*
We are situated in a quiet, peaceful area yet in close proximity to our next door neighbours and other surrounding cottages. The cottage is semi-detached so please be respectful and mindful of noise during your stay.
Please be aware the 2nd bedroom is a small room with a single bed plus pull-out trundle bed.
Up to 2 small-medium sized dogs are welcome in the cottage but only to be allowed in the downstairs areas - living room and kitchen - and not to be left alone in the property at any time.
The cottage is infant friendly but please be aware that there are no stair gates or fire guard supplied.
If you have any queries on arrival or during your stay please always contact us directly.
Hi, I'm Karen and together with my husband Jason we recently bought and fully renovated Walkley Wood Cottage.
We love coming here to get away from it all with our 2 daughters and our dog Tommy. It's a great place to simply relax, or enjoy the many interesting places to visit nearby. Nailsworth is a well-stocked small town and has everything you need. The local stables are a favourite with our daughters, and Tommy particularly enjoys the many lovely walks we have on our doorstep. We hope you enjoy staying here as much as we do.