PLEASE NOTE:UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT!!! GUESTS VISITING FOR THE DAY MUST BE INCLUDED IN HOW MANY GUESTS ARE EXPECTED AT TIME OF BOOKING. NUMBER OF GUESTS IS TO INCLUDE ANY GUESTS, WHETHER SPENDING THE NIGHT OR THE DAY. We can do a discounted day rates THANK YOU
--NOTE: WE HAVE HAD SOME PROBLEMS WITH GUESTS HAVING EXTRA PEOPLE AND NOT PAYING FOR THEM. THIS IS NOT ALLOWED. ALL GUESTS MUST BE PAID FOR, WHETHER FOR THE DAY OR SPENDING THE NIGHT. -----
Monkey House is perfect for WEDDINGS, FAMILY REUNIONS, EVENTS, RETREATS, and the best Trinity Alps VACATION! (ASK ABOUT EVENT FEES)
This property is amazing and beautiful, peaceful and restorative: a truly majestic setting. It's hard to describe or show in pictures the awe-inspiring natural beauty of this unique home on 7 acres and a private lake with 340 ft. of shoreline.
Monkey house features three bedrooms, an upstairs loft, and three bathrooms - two with soaking tubs, one with sauna jets. The kitchen is outstanding! Rustic rock walls, a six-burner Chef's stove complete with a restaurant-sized griddle, and a bakers delight bonus room for convection oven baking. This kitchen is suitable for large parties as the open floor plan flows into the dining and living rooms, and there is a wrap-around deck that overlooks Pearl Lake.
There are three stories: On the first level there are two bedrooms, both with Queen beds, and a shared Jack and Jill bathroom with doors to close off shower/bath area. The second level has a fantastic master bedroom with a California King-sized bed and French doors leading to a deck with pristine lake views. The master bath has a wonderful jacuzzi tub and walk-in closet. The kitchen, dining and living rooms are located on this level. The living room features a three-sided, extra-comfy sectional couch that folds out into an additional Queen-sized bed. There is a rustic wood-burning stove that can easily heat the entire second level. A half-bath is on this level as well as a separate, private deck overlooking the front yard from the living room. The sunlit loft is located at the top of a spiral staircase. It has two single beds with room for sleeping bags and cots.
This home is a dog haven!
There are large, fenced dog areas off the back deck and a wooden dog house (although mine would never dream of sleeping outside). You can have your canines fenced with access into the house, or you can have them enclosed in the dog yard.
From the wrap-around deck you'll have a full view of the lake. As you gaze down on the water while swaying firs and pines canopy above you, you will experience solitude and serenity. Walk straight down the stairs and onto a carpet of lush grass that ends at your own private lake inlet. Perfect for you, kids, and dogs. Swim out to the lake's island, or grab the canoe or rowboat and go fishing or exploring. The gazebo nestled at the lake's edge offers a most ideal setting for weddings and ceremonies, with a red bridge over the lake inlet as a walkway for picturesque moments!
Also lakeside is an outdoor kitchen, fully equipped for large feasts with a stove and BBQ grill, commercial sink, fish cleaning station and fire pit for night time marshmallow roasts. Under the outdoor kitchen's covered pavilion you'll find ceiling fans, a sound system, and multiple picnic tables and chairs. Alongside the pavilion is an outdoor bathroom.
This is a YEAR-ROUND fishing destination, beginner - advanced! It's also a great base-camp for hikes into the Trinity Alps Wilderness. Our caretaker is also a fisherman so if you have any questions, please ask!
• FALL: Some of the best salmon fishing in California can be found on the Trinity River. King Salmon can be caught from the banks with simple spinner and spoon lures (5 minute drive).
• WINTER: Steelhead run in Trinity River (5 minute drive). Trout can be caught on the surfaces of Trinity and Lewiston Lakes (approximately 30 miles east).
• SPRING: Bass spawn in Pearl Lake (in our backyard). Spring-Run Salmon in Trinity River (5 minute drive).
• SUMMER: Bass and bluegill feed on the surface of Pearl Lake (in our backyard). Perfect for a child's first catch! Hike-in trout fishing in the Trinity Alps Wilderness.
• The most popular entry point into the Trinity Alps Wilderness is the Canyon Creek Trailhead. I'ts located in Junction City just across the river from us, about a 30 minute drive.
• Weaverville, founded in 1850 and a historic Gold Rush town, is only a 15 minute drive away.
One stay at Monkey House and you'll be counting the days until you return!
Dogs are welcome!!!
BUT CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR PET AND KEEP OFF FURNITURE
• WIFI internet and full cell phone signal!!!
• Coffee, tea and drinks (help yourself!)
• Microwave, French press, blender
• Dishware, cutlery, cookware and utensils provided
• Washer, dryer and dishwasher
• Limited toiletries provided
** NOTE: HOLIDAY WEEKENDS REQUIRE A THREE NIGHT MINIMUM