Dzień na nasz koszt – często zadawane pytania
What is A Night on Us?
We originally created A Night on Us to support federal executive branch employees who host homes or experiences on Airbnb during the federal government shutdown in early 2019.
Now, Airbnb will reactivate the A Night On Us campaign, to support United Automobile Workers (UAW) members who host on Airbnb.
Airbnb will pay qualifying hosts the price of one experience or one night in their home listing, up to $110. To qualify, a host must be a UAW member and meet one of the following criteria:
- Have an active homes listing and host 3 nights or more in that Airbnb listing during the period beginning September 16, 2019 and ending December 16, 2019.
- Have an active experience listing and host an experience during the period beginning September 16, 2019 and ending December 16, 2019.
What limits apply to the offer?
For full details, please review the A Night on Us - Program Terms included on the program application form.
Here are some important limitations to keep in mind:
- Hosted stays and experiences must be bona fide, arms-length transactions. Stays or experiences where a guest is a friend, family member, or any member of your household will not qualify.
- This offer cannot be combined with any other offers.
- Each individual and host is limited to one payment of up to $110.
- The actual payment amount will be the price of the experience or home listing up to $110. For details about how we calculate the price, see the Program Terms.
How do I apply?
Please fill out and submit the program application form. You’ll be asked to verify that you are a member of the UAW.
If we cannot validate your membership of the United Auto Workers from the information you provide in the application form, we may contact you for additional materials.
How do I find my user ID?
Follow the steps below:
- Go to your profile
- Click the View Profile button
- Your user ID will be the last digits in the URL, ex: https://www.airbnb.com/users/show/#######
What is the deadline to apply?
December 16, 2019.
How and when do I get paid?
Hosts should receive their one-time payout shortly after December 16, 2019 using the payout method on your account.
If I host multiple stays, but each of them is less than 3 nights, am I eligible for the offer?
Yes, but you must have hosted at least 3 nights total to be eligible. That can be one 3-night stay or multiple stays adding up to at least 3 nights total. We hope that the majority of our host community who are UAW members will qualify for this financial boost over the course of the 3-month timeframe.
I'm a new host and I received a booking during the strike, but it will take place after December 16, 2019. Why am I not eligible for this offer?
Our intention is to support as many UAW members affected by the strike as possible. That’s why we extended this offer to include stays occurring through December 16, 2019. Many new hosts receive a booking within 30 days of creating their listing.
How will this payment be treated for federal (and state) income tax purposes?
The payment will be considered taxable income to you and should be included as part of your federal (and state if applicable) gross income when reporting your taxes.
Why will I not receive my payout until December?
Processing payments at the end of the program is the most efficient and orderly way to administer the benefits of the program. If the strike persists, Airbnb may elect to make payments earlier.